Inclusive City-building + Nature & Wellness
- Workshop: Nature and Wellness. An outdoor experiential learning workshop that has been implemented and adapted for various groups including high-school students, youth, seniors and people with disabilities.
- Community Research Specialist, Jane’s Walk
Chronic & Invisible Illness + Patient Experience
- Founder, Thyroid Transitions at thyroidtransitions.com
- Patient Co-investigator on several research projects
- Workshop: Living Well with Thyroid Cancer. To request this workshop at your organization, contact me here.
- Workshop: Key Steps to Overcoming Chronic Fatigue and Breaking Through Thyroid Symptoms. To request this workshop at your organization, contact me here.
- A High-Functioning Person’s Insight on Living With Thyroid Symptoms. Read here.
- Why I Had To Break Through My “Sick Identity” Before I Could Start Healing. Read here.
Personal blog series comprised of over 60 posts titled “Cancer and Me” chronicling interactions with the health care system, tackling stigma and discussing intersecting social issues. Read here.
Equity + Anti-oppression
- Project Coordinator, Racism and Health Working Group, St. Michael's Hospital Academic Family Health Team
- Workshop: Human rights, decolonization and climate change resilience. Workshop developed and delivered at Conscious Minds Camp, Low Income Families Together (LIFT).
- Workshop: Popular Education: What is it and how can we use it? Workshop developed and delivered at Conscious Minds Camp, Low Income Families Together (LIFT).
Selected Invited Talks + Special Lectures
- “Not All Green Spaces are Created Equally: Exploring How Urban Green Spaces Influence Our Mental Health & Well-being”, Gerstein Science Information Center, University of Toronto, April 25, 2018
- “How Green Spaces Can Impact Our Mental Health and Well-Being” The Reading Line: Don River Edition, August 26, 2017
- “Interdisciplinary Career Options” Health and Human Rights Conference, Queen’s University, October 22, 2016
- “Digital Storytelling: Dancing Through Cancer”, Gilda’s Club Greater Toronto, June 24, 2015
- “Our Collective Youth Voices Against HIV/AIDS” University of Toronto World AIDS Day Event, University of Toronto Schools, November 27, 2013